Thursday 24 February 2011

This is it - Ground Zero!!!

Today is my official "Kindle Journey Start" day. It is the day I have chosen for taking that all important first step towards publication. It is the start of a new life as an Author and, if all goes to plan, a new career doing something I love to do, the way I want to do it.

I have spent the last few weeks reading various blogs and forums which have had a variety of posts regarding the whole question of self-publishing. Most of what I have read has been very pro-indie, with stories of Kindle sales outstripping traditional book sales for some Authors. Most of the less enthusiastic materials I have read have actually been within the comments left on the main posts, and are, it would appear, by people who have already experienced failure as indies or are scared of failing so have developed a habit of "what if" 'ing for paragraphs at a time.

Personally, I'd like to learn by experience. I am of the mind-set that I'll never truly know if something will work for me until I've tried it for myself. I have nothing to lose by publishing through Kindle. I'm writing the material anyway so I may as well give it my best shot!!

From now on the blog posts will be written as if they were diary entries. There may be days where I publish more than one post, but I will be putting the date and time on each one in order to remain accurate with timescales etc. 

I hope you will continue to follow me on my journey. It's always nice to have some company along the way!!

Tick Tock...

MoJo xox

No comments:

Post a Comment